Friday, March 6, 2009

My rig

Ok. So I've shown other people's rig but never post my own. I just completed an overclock on my processor and eager to show it. SO here's my very VERY fast personal computer.

This is the setup. Most of them are black. I should've wait a while for the black version of monitor to be released, but at least the base is black.


Next, the computer case. It's an old Cooler Master Centurion 5 black case I got in 2006. It's simple, has ample space and most importantly keeps the component inside cool. Unless I upgraded to multiple graphic card, this case is perfect for me.

Here is how the inside of the pc looks like. I've labeled the cpu cooler, graphics card, sound card and HDD for easier identification purposes. The cooler is a Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX. The outward vent fits perfectly with the side hole of my case. It sucks air directly from the outside to cool the processor. The hard drive is the most expensive part in my pc for me. It's a WD Velociraptor 300GB hdd. It cost me $300 but believe me, it was worth every penny. It's currently the fastest sata hard drive in the world. A laptop drive would spin at 5200rpm, a normal desktop at 7200rpm, but this baby spins at 10000rpm. That's almost twice that of a laptop drive. The result: faster loading time, quicker access time of files, faster copying and opening of files.

The graphics card is a GTX 260, overclocked to perform similar to GTX 280. The graphics card as the name imply handles the graphic of computer. It's also the most power hungry component of the pc.


Next is the Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card responsible for the sound. Similar to the graphic card, an integrated component is enough to produce an acceptable sound. But for a better quality sound, a discrete card is required. Also the card will lift some of the burden from the processor so the pc can run faster.
Here's the monitor, speakers and mouse. Also my phone already covered in my previous post. The monitor is a Dell 20" monitor with integrated 2.0Mp webcam and mic. The webcam quality is great and the picture looks amazing. The screen is also a glossy finish similar to dell's high end laptop model. The mouse is a Razer DeathAdder on a Razer Mantis surface. A deadly conbination of speed and control that I need in my everyday computing (LoL). The 2.1 logitech speaker outputs decent sound quality. Although I'm hard pressed to replace them since they haven't give me any problem since I bought them almost 3 years ago.

On the left is the Razer Lycosa illuminated keyboard. I really like the glossy finish of the keyboard fitting with my table. The illuminated keys bluish glow looks awesome and menacing at the same time. The keys are rubber coated to prevent slipping during heavy gaming. Also, the keys are low profile, meaning only a small keypress is required to type similar to a laptop keyboard.

The media control is a plus. You can see the rubber finish on the keys from this picture.





Finally, my overclock processor. I can't actually show you the overclock processor. But below is the picture of the speed of the processor taken from a screenshot of the desktop. As you can see the default core speed reported by Windows Vista is 2.8GHz. The right shows the core speed overclocked to 4.00GHz. Since the processor is a quad-core, they can perform 4 simultaneous tasks at 4.00GHz each. The cpu doesn't have to slow down and share their speed to run multiple programs. I can run a movie, some word docs, YM, youtube video, virus scans and I won't notice any lag whatsoever. Sweet huh.

2 comments:

Paul Cook said...

Whether you want to construct your ideal drive for a certain game or want to know if upgrading any element of your system would be acceptable for your device, benchmarking software will give technical data by conducting benchmark tests on your system, allowing you to act accordingly. So don't worry, we've got you covered. This is a list of the Best Benchmarking Software for PC. As a result, conducting a benchmark test is the quickest and most reliable approach to analyse the hardware performance of a PC. It enables you to filter out other irrelevant concerns and zero in on the specific problem with hardware components.

adobe audition cc crack
reimage pc repair crack
logic pro x crack
hitmanpro crack
sublime text crack

hotspot shield vpn premium crack
drivereasy professional crack
mixpad crack
pgware gameswift crack
teamviewer crack


Unknown said...

Nice and informative post.
DisplayFusion Crack
EaseUS Partition Master Crack
Photopia Director Crack
Pixologic ZBrush Crack
Topaz DeNoise AI Crack