Sunday, March 8, 2009

As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle

As I Lay Dying(AILD) is a great hardcore metal band from California. Their singer has a great aggressive voice and his backup vocal, the bassist, compliments him with a soft melodious voice. They are about to go on tour this Spring with Lamb of God, God Forbid and Children of Bodom. All 4 are well respected bands in the metal community. I have a chance to see them live when they reach Illinois, but alas, it's going to be during the exam week in May. Sadly, I had to miss the tour. God dammit! It's not fair; making me choose between my passion and my responsibility.

Nevermind, I accept the fate. Here's a classic song of AILD from their 2005 album Shadows are Security, "Through Struggle". This is a great example of a headbanging song. You may "struggle" to hear what he's saying. But trust me, it has some deep meaning. Owh, and I think the part starting at 2:00 is the best.

Remove from me,
This deception,
That I call love,
That I call love.

No comments: