Friday, March 6, 2009

Bros before Hoes

I've been away from home for so long now. I wonder how my siblings are doing, especially my brothers. As I said in my previous post, I'm the eldest of 4 boys and a girl. My parent was so determined to have a daughter and finally they got her on the fifth try. So, I'm dedicating this post to my brothers that have survive my dictatorship until now. This is an introduction to my brothers in Malaysia.


First off, Reza Zachary, the stylish one. If you notice, his first name is just a rearrangement of my first name. And to keep true to my family's tradition of having at least two z's in their name, my parents gave him Zachary as a second name. Cool name, though not as cool as Ezra; don't you agree? He was supposed to be born in Michigan like me, but my mother had to return to Malaysia for some medical reason. So he was born in KL.
When we were kids, we used to fight each other almost everyday. I would win everytime, but in the end would lose to my parents hands. I also used to make fun of his face when we were kids since I was the cute one. Now, it's payback time. He was offered a modeling career TWICE by talent scouts. Once when he was walking around KLCC at the age of 15. Obviously, he turned down the offer since he was still in school. Another time was when he was hanging around Bukit Bintang. This time he had just finished his SPM and was eager to join. But, my mother would not let him saying he's not familiar enough with KL. That was true since he spent most of his teens in boarding school in Negeri Sembilan, unlike me that went to day school and knows all the roads in KL. My parents (my mother actually) still won’t let him be as free as me. I
have no curfew; he, on the other hand, needs to be home by 1am.
The one pet peeve I have is that he used to like wearing my clothes. It was bad enough that we were forced to wear the same design shirts(albeit different color) when we were young, now he wants to wear the same clothes I'm wearing. But he can mix and match them to make them look good together, unlike me that just throw on 1 shirt and any jeans I can reach. He's 19 now and already gone through more girlfriend than I ever did. His current one is a rich girl that is cute, but come on brother, you can do better. I want a sister-in-law that is a model.


Next, Mohd Adzwan Adza. The d's are silent to make it easier to pronounce. Also born in KL. He's the nerd of the family. The only one in the family that wears corrective eyeglasses. Not since birth however; actually while in high school. A straight A's student in his school. He even got a scholarship offer before the real SPM results are out. Currently, he's still waiting for his SPM result. He is the tallest member in the family. Maybe because he was adopted by my aunt since a baby, he had more room to grow. Being the only child in my aunt's family, he can have everything he wants. But he still turns out to be a great brother that shares. We tried to spend time together every school holidays and treated him with the same way as the others. Heck, I punish him like the others if he did anything wrong. As I am the ENFORCER. Anyway, he prefers to hang out with Reza since they are like-minded. He is my mother's hope of having a doctor in the family after I refused to do so and opt to be an engineer. He's 17 now and still single as far as I know. About his taller stature than me; when people asked why, I always answered "the eldest always sacrifices his food so the younger can eat, thus they grow quicker".


My youngest brother, Azri Azizi. The sportsman of the bunch. He's special to have 3 z's in his name. It was me and Reza that wanted him to have Azizi in his name. "Azizi" was the name of our favorite character in a cartoon once. Another weird thing is, he was born blond. His hair was golden yellow and I thought he was the wrong baby. As time passed, his hair darkened and finally stayed somewhat black. It's still more brunette than black. He used to be the fairest member too. But too many soccer practices made him dark. Now, he's active in his high school's rugby and archery team. Always fighting for my attention with my youngest sister. Since I helped in raising both of them, they should be thankful.
Still the most "jambu" member, I used to "use" him as bait to lure girls at the mall. And it works. They would come and wanna touch his brunette hair and all
. He was too young to understand at that time. That is my shirt he's wearing in the picture. Here's another dude that likes to wear my stuff. Although, I don't care as much since I can't wear them anyway when I'm here, in the States. He's 14 and currently in boarding school.

I also have a youngest sister, Syazlin Suhaizan. But I'm not gonna post her picture. I'm overprotective of her. Any guys wanting to see her need to go through me, and all four of her brothers. I'm starting to think she's gonna have a hard time finding a bf that's up to the task. Not that I have to worry much since she's in Seri Puteri, an all-girl boarding school.

Finally, I just wanna say to my brothers and sister. I miss you guys. I'm miss smacking you guys for fun. Because you know, without the pain you guys would not have become these wonderful human beings.

No comments: