Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The more you ignore, the bigger the rip

This has got nothing to do with life. It's my trusty old backpack. After 4 years of service, it finally gave out. The bag rips at the zipper and the longer i ignore it, the bigger it gets.But i still like this backpack. It's light, small, and the most important one; it's black. It bought for only rm30 at Pertama Complex. So, i decided to fix it. It's been awhile since I sew something. The last time i can remember was in boarding school mending my own trouser. Oh, yea.. There was also the time i sewn my own baju raya. That was before i get too big and my mother decided buying was easier and more beneficial.

Alright then. The first thing i need is the sewing kit:

Actually, thats the only thing i need. So i use the skills taught by my mother. FYI, i never learn any sewing in school. Being in an all-boys school, there's no sewing covered in the Kemahiran Hidup curriculum.

Finally, after 5 minutes, im done.
So the backpack is ready to serve me another 2 years. Maybe i'll buy a briefcase when i start working. But until then, this is the coolest bag i ever owned.

No comments: