Sunday, June 28, 2009

Prototype

After 3 weeks of playing on and off, I finally finished Prototype. This is a really great sand-box action game. You take on the character Alex Mercer, who lost his memory but found out he has incredible superpowers. He can manipulate his body into weapons, change his appearance and run up buldings. But that's just a tip of the iceberg for the cool stuffs he can do. The story is so convoluted that I will not even try to explain it. Just watch this awesome trailer to get the basic idea. Owh, and I bet you can guess why this game is rated mature from the trailer.

I took more time to complete the game than intended since the PC version of the game suffers from really bad glitches. From the moment I first started the game, there was already a sound glitch. Then there was the random crashes. I was so frustrated since the reason I bought the original game was for the sake of not to have any problem playing the game. There is still no patch posted by the programmer. However, near the end of the game the glitches lessen which was odd but good nonetheless.

But don't let the glitches deter you from getting the game. It is still a blast to play. There's nothing a small patch can't fix (hopefully). Seriously, fans of open-world action game can't let this get away,

No comments: