Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Got Me a Jasper

I finally found a Jasper. For those in the dark about what Jasper is, it's a new revision of Xbox360. It is said to have been released since September, but only seen since November.

People are going crazy looking for Jaspers in time for Chrismas. Some even went to all retailers like Walmart, Bestbuy, Circuit City and Gamestop to look for it. And since the only way to know if it's a Jasper is by poking at the serial number opening at the side of the box - which easily tears - some got kicked out of the store. Those crazy Americans. HAHA. Wait..I'm American too. But, I'm a smart American.

So I waited until the festive season is over, and bought one from Newegg. Guess what. I snatched a Jasper.

What so great about Jasper anyway? Well, it has a die shrink on the chip. That's it actually. Meaning the microchip previously made using 90nm process now is 65nm. Yes, that's Nanometers. This seemingly small tweak made all the difference. Smaller die means less heat and less power consumption; hey, even gamers are going green too. The maximum power draw decreases from 200W to 150W. That's a 25% decrease, which is a lot.

Great job engineers for making the earth greener. I wish I was one. Wait..I'm an Engineering undergrad.. HAHA..another +1 for me

ps: jangan marah nnti kene jual

No comments: