Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Weekend is over

Today is/was Super Bowl Sunday. It was an awesome game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals. I didn't have any preferences of which team that will win. My team, the San Diego Chargers, lost in the 2nd round of the playoff to the Steelers. In the end, the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII 27-23. Great job Steelers! Next season it's gonna be Chargers time.

Besides the football game, another important part of Super Bowl are the ads. Since the Super Bowl is the most-watched U.S. television broadcast, companies are gonna wanna introduce their ads in that short time slot. A 30-second slot would cost between 2.5 - 3 million dollars. One funny ad that caught my attention, but I almost missed it, is the 1 second ad from Miller High Life. That 1 second ad cost them $100,000 by the way. Companies like Pepsi and Coke can afford 3 ads a piece which is insane.

Enough about the Super Bowl. I bought Pizza Hut's Tuscani Lasagna today to consume during the game. That's more than 3lb of food that I ate alone, since nobody else wanna eat it. It's a personal-choice thing. Though not a delicious as my aunt's handmade lasagna, it's still quite good.

Finally, I got my U.S driver's license last week. Just wanna put it here. I had no prior driving class before. In Malaysia I just drive illegally without license, practicing with my friends. Luckily, I never got in an accident or stop by the police. It's so easy to get a license here. No problem getting it on my first try either. And it only cost $10. Let's just hope I keep my clean driving record.

No comments: